Our ICT co-ordinator Mrs O Broin has selected our Digital Leaders for the coming year, after a rigorous application process in which children had to complete an application form and design an e-safety poster.
The position of Digital Leader has many responsibilities including:
• Sharing their knowledge and skills with others
• Supporting pupils and staff with the use of technology and ICT
• Helping to promote and develop ICT within the school and wider community
• Helping to maintain our ICT suite
• Keeping our ipads and laptops up to date
• Maintaining and ICT inventory of equipment
• Reporting to Mrs O Broin and Acting Principal Mr McComb
Our school has made a considerable investment in technology, from interactive whiteboards, laptops, ipads, wireless printing etc and our Digital Leaders will play a big part in the upkeep and further development of this technology. They also attend regular meetings with Mrs O Broin, and upcoming planned activities include running ICT themed assemblies and other whole-school events and lead on improvements in e-safety provision within the school.
Four children from each class were selected as our 2019/20 Digital Leaders:
P5 – Rory M, Owen C, Jude M Ciara McC
P6 – Abi H, Molly S, Ronan B, Lucy U
P7 – Fern D, Sanal S, Sophia M, Ailise McA