In developing these aims, we hope to develop each child to his/her fullest potential as an individual, a contributor to society and a future contributor to the economy and the environment.
We aim to:
- Provide our children with a structured religious programme within a secure and caring environment, which will enrich their Catholic faith, in partnership with parents and parish community.
- Provide for all pupils a broad and balanced curriculum based on core curriculum objectives of the new NI revised curriculum taking account of the differing needs, learning styles and abilities of each child.
- Provide for the spiritual, moral, intellectual and physical development of each child in an environment, which is both safe and welcoming and which respects and values the individuality of each child.
- Help our pupils acquire knowledge, skills, practical abilities and the will and opportunity to use them.
- Foster close, friendly and co-operative links with home, local community, neighbouring schools and other support agencies to the benefit of its pupils.
- Develop in the pupils a sense of citizenship with respect for oneself and others and encourage self-control, self-confidence, co-operation, independence and high personal standards of work and behaviour.
- Ensure that our pupils gain the highest possible standard relevant to the individual child in oracy, literacy and numeracy, which will adequately prepare them for their future role in society.
- Instil in the child a good general knowledge of the environment and culture both in his/her own community and the wider world.
- Provide opportunities for all the children to experience success, win praise and see themselves as valued members of our school and community.